Thursday, December 29, 2011

Home to Holly Springs by Jan Karon

I read the whole Mitford series and loved it so I knew that I would be sure to love this one too.  She has a very comfortable style that makes me feel right at home when I am reading.  Karon can make you laugh and shake your head and just want to shake some of her characters.  This story takes Father Kavanaugh back home.  He faces many things that he has tried to put behind him over the years.  Painful memories surface as well as things that he never would have expected if he had tried.  He learned more about his family which helped him to understand more of why things had been the way they were.  I think that is something that happens to all of us as we get older.  Of course there is a happy ending and I would expect nothing less.  Karon writes books that make you feel good, question yourself in what you can do and provides something for everyone.

No comments: