Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Daughter of the Snows by Jack London

This was one of his earlier books, written in 1902.  I am not really sure if I have ever made it through any of his books before and now I am looking forward to reading more.  This took place in the late 1800's and focused on a daughter returning to her father in the Yukon.  There are many sub-stories that got confusing to me at times, but in the end all melded together.  I loved his descriptions of the Yukon, the gold-rushers, the scenery and how challenging things were at the time.  It was all quite fascinating.  I laughed outloud and shook my head many a time while reading this.  The world was a rough and tumble place and you  had to be able to stand on your own two feet.  I was truly transported back to this time period and he captured it amazingly well. (NOOK)

No comments: