Friday, February 5, 2010

If The Shoe fits by Rae Ellen Lee

Subtitle: The Adventures of a Reluctant Boatfrau -- Terry said I had to read this book. He said that the couple reminded him a lot of us in their behaviors. This couple, after spending a vacation in the Caribbean, decide to buy a boat, live aboard and sail back to the Caribbean. They lived in Montana and ended up buying a boat in Washington and lived there. He was in seventh heaven and thought this was the best thing. She had a hard time adjusting and her fear of water made things less than enjoyable. I could identify with her, though I don't think I am as bad as her. Reading about the trials, the learning curve, the repairs and the uncertainty of it all rang pretty true with me. She is a good story teller and this was a very enjoyable and easy read. It really gives you an idea of what some of the situations are that you encounter on a boat. Now I want to hear about their Caribbean travels!!

No comments: