Sunday, February 28, 2010

Always Looking Up by Michael J. Fox

Subtitle: The Adventures of an Incurable Optimist -- I have always enjoyed Fox. I loved his movies and was a pretty faithful watcher of 'Family Ties'. I like learning about peoples lives and what got them to where they are today. I also wanted to hear more about Parkinson's since my mother shares this with him. -- The book is in four parts- Work, Politics, Faith and Family. I enjoyed all of them and can see all that he has accomplished, some things under very challenging circumstances. I am not a political person, so this was not as intriguing to me, but noticed some of his frustrations with the system mimicked mine. To read overall how he has chosen to live with Parkinson's and deal with life as it comes is inspiring. In the end you need to figure out how to play the hand you are given, and no matter what it is you can come out a winner.

No comments: