Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Vendetta Defense by Lisa Scottoline

A very interesting book. It takes you into an Italian community and how over decades forgiveness was never given, grudges held and a vendetta that needed to be upheld. The story takes place in Philadelphia but really starts in Italy. There is a family that followed the Fascists and had their own agenda. Then there is a family of simple farmers who just wanted to live their life. One man wins a woman over another and that is really where the story begins. Scottoline did a wonderful job with the characters and I just wanted to jump in a hug some of these guys. She really made me feel a part of the story and wishing for certain outcomes. I wasn't sure at first about this book, it is not something I gravitate towards, but I am very glad I picked it up and will continue to seek out her books.

No comments: