Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

I finished this a few days ago and needless to say I have not been able to stop thinking about it. In the beginning I was not sure what was happening and which way things were going. I had to take it real slow. I was not sure how things were going to fit in with each other. The way that Larsson layered the plot and history and small stories within the bigger one was very intriguing. His character description and depth really let you get to know the characters. It is hard to explain the story line because there are so many going on at the same time, you just need to read it. Once I finished the book and was talking to my husband about it we looked up the author. When you learn more about him it helps to explain some of the events and things that occurred in the story. It seemed that this was very cathartic for him and he was truly writing for himself. I am looking forward to reading his other books, but I need to finish processing this one first.

No comments: