Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Skinny Bitch by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin

Subtitle: A no-nonsense, tough-love guide for savvy girls who want to stop eating crap and start looking fabulous! -- Not what I expected, at all. It started out quite funny and making sense. Truthfully the whole book makes sense, but I am not sure I like the in your face approach. They definitely had an agenda -vegan-ism. They are totally against the meat/dairy industry and for organics. I don't think that is a bad thing, and if half of the things they say are true (I did not double check their end notes) that it is all quite disgusting. There are many chemicals, antibiotics and poisons put into our foods. I have gone back and forth about being a vegetarian. I have a husband that loves meat, so it does get challenging. I know I could do it and I know that aside from feeling better about it I know that I don't like how animals are treated. In the end the one thing that I truly take away from the book is to 'use your head'. Read about the foods you are eating, figure out what is best for you and don't always believe all of the hype out there. You are the only one who can make yourself feel better and look the way you want. Yes, I think a more plant based diet is better for you, but I know it is not for everyone and we all need to do what we are comfortable with.

No comments: