Sunday, December 26, 2010

speak softly, she can hear by Pam Lewis

When I first started reading this I was really wondering what I was getting into. This is a novel about a girl coming to age and a tragic event that truly shaped her whole life. She ended up alienating herself from her friends and her family. She was always fearful that she would be found out and tried to 'reinvent' herself in different places. There was a good twist in the end. I guess what I found amazing was how well all the pieces fit and worked off of each other. Carole had hidden herself since this tragic event and totally let it shape her life. It shaped how she thought and lived. She missed many things as she grew up because of one event in her life. It really made me think about events in my life and where I am today. How much influence have events led me to where I am today? Good and bad things always happen, I guess it all depends on how we process and use these events as to what kind of life we lead.

No comments: