Friday, December 17, 2010

Skipping Christmas by John Grisham

My annual Christmas read. I always pick a Christmas themed book to read in December and I picked this one up this summer. I know that it has been made into a movie, but I have not seen it yet. The Kranks decided that they are going to skip Christmas because their daughter will not be home and to avoid the stress and money spending they went through every year. It took a little convincing to Mrs. Krank, but she finally went along with it. There was much badgering and Scrooge calling by fellow workers and the neighborhood. They stuck to their guns, until the end. I can't tell you more, just to say that there was some selfless giving in the end. I don't believe that you need to skip Christmas as much as you need to remember what it is about and keep it simple. Little things always mean so much more. Being on our boat this year it has kept us away from the hustle and bustle of everything. I usually make most of my things anyway and try to think of little things that would mean something to the person I am giving to. None of us really need much except to be with each other and enjoy that time. In the end that is all that really matters.

No comments: