Monday, March 22, 2010

a quarter after tuesday by Jo Kadlecek

I am not one that usually reads religious fiction and did not know that this was what the book was based on. It was not over powering and I did not feel like religion was being beaten into me. The feeling was more along the lines of doing onto others as you would yourself. This was an easy book to read and I really liked the main character, Jonna Lightfoot. It takes place in New Orleans and she is the religion reporter for the local paper. She runs into some interesting characters and we are learning about the city as much as she since she had recently moved there. I have not been able to figure out how the book ties in with the title and when I finished the book and I kind of wondered what the point was. I don't feel I wasted time reading it, but I was left scratching my head. I also found out that this was part of a series, this was book two of three. I would be interested to see how the others go.

No comments: