Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

Percy Jackson and the Olympians:Book One -- This was a great little book. I had seen it in book stores but never gave it much thought. Then I was catching up on a blog I follow - Three@Sea - and their daughter, Ayla, raved about it. She wanted to finish it before the movies came out. Needless to say, now I was curious. It is about a boy, Percy Jackson, who is always having troubles in school. He ends up at this summer camp and finds out he is a son of a god, but does not know which one. He gets sent on this quest with a couple other kids and this book follows the adventure. It covers all your emotions and makes you want to keep reading more. This was the first book, now I can't wait to read on and find out what other things can happen to this kid.

No comments: