Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Grayson by Lynne Cox

I picked this up on a whim at the library. I am a sucker for sea life stories and this one sounded interesting. It is a true story, which as I read it became more and more enthralling. Cox goes out for her training swim in the Pacific off of California. As she gets ready to finish up a friend on the pier gets her to not go to the beach because a baby Gray Whale is following her. This book is about her experience with the whale and many other sea creatures along the way. Her descriptions are amazing, I could see everything she was seeing. I could feel everything that she was feeling. Her personal growth and the way she could absorb what was happening to her was very reflective. She is an amazing woman and told an even more amazing story.

No comments: