Sunday, April 18, 2021

Unf*ck Yourself by Gary John Bishop



Subtitle: Get out of your head and into your life

The title may be a bit harsh but everything Bishop talks about is pretty right on. I have worked very hard over the years to take responsibility for myself. I try to not let the past dictate who I am or where I am going. I am not discounting anything that I was taught or learned as I was growing up, but I am not going to let the negative things hinder me.

Truly, we do need to get out of our own way sometimes. Our mind is very powerful and can stop us from achieving so much in life if we let it. I am always so proud of myself when I accomplish something that I did not think that I could do. I am also proud of myself when I just do what needs to be done. It is so easy to just push things off, think it will take too long, or just think that it is too hard. I get off of my butt and just do it. It is an amazing feeling.

We all have off days, especially during this past year, but we can't let them rule our lives. If you are willing to do the work for something you really want then do it. Make it work. Enjoy life for what you have done and accomplished, it will take you far.
 

No comments: