Thursday, February 26, 2015

More Than You Know by Beth Gutcheon

An interesting novel that takes place in Maine.  There are two stories going at the same time, one taking place in present day and the other in the 1800's.  The present day story is of Hannah recalling a summer of her youth.  The story in the 1800's gives a back story that carries a history that affects many generations. The writing was not really fluid for me, I had to re-read passages, but how it was all presented was well done.  Being from Maine and knowing how things can be Downeast definitely made it more interesting for me.  The ending still left me questioning, but not to the point where I thought it was unfinished.  A different story with enough going on to keep you reading to see how it was going to end.

No comments: