Monday, November 5, 2012

Still Life with Crows by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child

Amazing book.  I really did have a hard time putting it down.  It was not good bed time reading, and probably not something to read around Halloween either.  Strange killings are happening in a sleepy town in Kansas and, of course, Pendergast gets involved with the whole thing, offering his insights and ticking off some of the locals.  So far, I think this has been my favorite in the series.  There were times that I wanted to turn my head away from what I was reading because it was so gruesome.  The writing was wonderful.  Preston and Child know how to weave a tale and just suck you in.  You keep learning more about Pendergast as the stories continue and their character development, at times, I feel is brilliant.  It keeps making you want to come back to more and more.

No comments: