Friday, November 2, 2012

Love Comes Softy by Janette Oke

I read this to my mother-in-law over the past several days.  She has had a hard time concentrating to read on her own, so I read it to her.  It was a very enjoyable book and very descriptive.  There were many scenes that I could easily picture and see happening.  Many times we both were laughing about what was going on.  Many times my mother-in-law was laughing before I got to it because she knew it was coming!!!  The story is about a woman, Marty, who goes out west with her husband and he dies in an accident.  Right after this happens a gentleman, Clark, approaches her and says that he is alone with his little girl who needs a mama and maybe they can get married and then Marty would have a place to stay and his daughter would have a mama.  She was angry about the whole thing, but did it anyway.  The trials and tribulations were many and much growing for all parties occurred.  It was a wonderful story with much to contemplate and think about with your own life too.

No comments: