Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Harbor by Carla Neggers

This was a hard book for me to get into. It just did not flow well for me. I don't enjoy re-reading things to figure out what is going on. Once I got into it though the story line was intriguing. It is a murder-mystery and takes place on the coast of Maine. Neggers captured the coast well and the people were very enjoyable. I always enjoy learning about the different characters and delving into what makes them tick. I especially like seeing them evolve throughout the story. There were some of the typical scenarios - love, double crossing, sex - but it did not see too trivial. Neggers kept me going until the end and I truly did not know who did it. I can't say that I am jumping to read another one of her books, but I don't regret reading this one.

No comments: