Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sailing Back in Time by Maria Coffey and Dag Goering

Subtitle: A Nostalgic Voyage on Canada's West Coast --- A very enjoyable book. I really did not want to put it down and it makes me want to head out to the west coast of Canada to go sailing. The history was great, not dull and boring, but gave me a really good picture of how things were and how things are today. The couple they traveled with, the Farrell's, had lived and worked in this area for most of their lives. To see how much things had changed and how simply they have lived was very enlightening and makes me wonder how we manage all that we do today. All of the boats this couple has been on Mr. Farrell built, if that tells you anything. If you like to sail or be on the water or just like to read about other people's travels this is a must read. Another book this couple wrote is "A Boat in our Baggage" and is also a wonderful read. I read it several years ago and I have to say that their writing is easy to read and they make you really feel like a part of the adventure.

No comments: