Saturday, January 24, 2015

Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marques

I am doing a World Literature Challenge this year, a new country each month.  This month was South America.  I had heard about this book, but really did not know what it was about.  The short of it is that it is about a man who spends is whole life waiting for a womans husband to die so he could be with her, his first and only love.  That is a very simple synopsis, as there was deep character development, emotions, conflicts and acceptance.  It is a very descriptive novel without much dialogue spanning many years, changes and challenges.  My attention was peaked from the beginning and I only struggled through 100 pages or so.  I did not want to give up because I wanted to know how things resolved themselves.

No comments: