Tuesday, June 29, 2010

P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern

I saw the movie before I read this. They are completly different, but equally very good. If I had read the book first I may not have liked the movie so much. Reading about someone dealing with the loss of their spouse, or loss in general, is very difficult. I wonder myself what I would do and how I would react should my husband die before me. What Holly's husband did for her was amazing and you could see and feel her grow and struggle with his "list". Through it all it made her a stronger person and someone that she could live with. Ahern did a great job in putting you right there with Holly. I wanted to crawl into the story and hug her and just make it all go away. Lossing someone you love is a terrible thing and Ahern brought some things into perspective and threw some things right in your face. A great book and something I hope I don't have to go through for a very, very long time.

No comments: